Arrange a call back


Title: Motorcycle Accident with Uninsured Driver

Date: 06 January 2011


I recently got into an accident. Unfortunately the other driver did not have insurance. Now I am paying the price. Could you explain where I stand on this?
Mach Five from the MCN Legal Forum
You do not need to pursue the uninsured driver directly. The Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB), a governmental organisation, compensates not only victims of untraced drivers (such as those injured in hit and run accidents, diesel spill accidents, accidents on shed loads and so on) but also those injured by uninsured drivers.
The Uninsured Drivers' Agreement is full of pitfalls and I recommend that you obtain the advice of a solicitor who can handle the claim for you. Unlike in untraced driver claims legal costs are payable in uninsured driver claims so your claim should not cost you anything. You are entitled to claim for damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity in addition to damages to compensate you for your financial losses, such as repairs to your bike, replacement kit, loss of earnings and medication.

View All

Diesel Spill Accidents
Changing solicitors